Here is a quick list of ten mods for the NES controller. There are lots of cool, and even lots of pointless things that can be done. It is amazing to see all of the innovative ideas.
1. NES Remote Control: Here is a NES controller mod that takes a TV remote control, and sticks it inside a nintendo controller. It actually works as a functioning remote.
2. NES mouse: This guy stuck an infrared mouse inside the casing of an old NES controller. The A button functions as the left mouse click, and the B button functions as the right mouse click. It is held and moved like a normal mouse. not very ergonomic, but functional.
3. NES USB Controller: Here is a mod that uses a microcontroller, and actually converts the NES controller to USB, so it can be used as a gamepad controller on a PC. You can play your favorite NES games on a PC emulator with it.
4.NES controller for pocket pc This mod makes an infrared NES controller for a pocket PC. He actually takes an Infrared keyboard, and wires his controller to it, so that he can play his favorite games wirelessly, well sort of.
5.Wireless Bluetooth Handset: This mod takes a bluetooth headset from a cell phone, and places it inside a NES controller. Don’t ask me why, but it is cool. If you hit start, it will turn it on or off. I guess you would hold it like a phone.
6. NES mp3 player: Here is an mp3 player placed inside of a NES controller.
7. NES SD/CF Card Reader: Here is a cool mod that places a compact flash card reader inside of a NES controller. Not much modding involved, so a pretty simple mod.
8. World’s Smallest NES Controller This is actually pretty neat. I don’t see how it is usable, but it seems to function. They basically use all of the NES controller hardware, but make a new tiny circuit board for the buttons. It still has the huge project box. It is more for shock factor I guess.
9. NES parallel port controller: Here is a good mod on how to connect a NES controller to a parallel port on a pc. This is a much easier task than using USB. The only problem is that you can not get the 5v from the parallel port, so you have to find a way to power the controller. There are surely easier ways than connecting batteries to it. I am sure you can feed off of the power supply from the PC. You could prob. steal power from the keyboard port.
10. Wireless NES controller for computer: This mod takes a wireless keypad, and places that circuitry inside of a NES controller. This is a pretty cool mod, except for the fact that you can only press one button at a time. I am sure there are better ways to do this, but this is probably one of the cheapest and easiest.
205 Responses to “Ten mods for NES controller”
Leave a Reply